With 18 years in the offshore wind market, we have developed our 10 FOB SWATH semi-submersible vessels. SWATH: Small Waterline Area Twin Hull. Our goal is to have the best personnel and vessels, providing responsible and experienced service. Approved by DOC, ISO 9001, 14001, 45001, Achilles, Environmental Policies, GDPR, Danish Authority and DNV.
FOB SWATH VESSELS IN CAT AND SWATH MODE (Video):
The 2 lower hulls are narrow and sharp and cuts through the waves. The pitch, roll and slamming are reduced due to the vessels design with great distance from seawater to water-deck. In rough sea and in semi-submerged position the vessels movements are considerable reduced, avoid air intake to the propulsion units and the four automatic moveable foils assist with safe and comfortable operation.
IMPROVED BOW FENDER (Video):
Our vessels with the special patented bow fender with moveable clamps used on the outside of the turbines docking poles, keeps the vessels secured in the correct position and allows service personnel to use the “landings” in up to 2 m Hs.
- Our Fob Swath (“FS”) vessels have the following speed: FS 1 = 18 knots, FS 2, 3, 4, 5, 6 & 7 = 22 knots, FS 8 = 27 knots, FS 9 & 10 = 35 knots and if one propulsion unit should fail, the latter 3 vessels continue with 25 knots.
- Our 32.5 m vessels have higher speed than those of our 25 m vessels. Both sailing the same distance use about the same fuel consumption. Our Swath vessels can be powered with VHO or GTL fuel, reducing the Co2 emissions by up to 90 %.
- The protected waterjets avoid vibrations and reduce damages from floating objects.
- The vessels maneuver from 1/3 forward to 1/3 aft within one second and the extra side forces from the waterjets provide safe and soft “landings” and additional utilisation days.
- Acceleration in accordance with the High-Speed Code 2000, vertical acceleration under 1 G, lowest sea sickness index 0.75 to 1.25, comfortable and safe seating and sound level below 60 decibels.
- All our 32.5 m vessels have Dynamic Positioning (DP).
- Extra bunker capacity and improved performance allow our vessels to stay offshore for longer periods.
- Free deck area up to 75 m².
- Some of our vessels can carry up to 55 Industrial Persons (IP). Alternatively, we may provide accomodation vessels for a total of 24 IP: 12 IP with single cabins including WC., shower etc., plus 12 IP for day sailing.
- From Cat mode to semi-submersed mode and vice versa, takes about 3 minutes.
- If one of our vessels needs service, one of our other available can replace the one on service.
- Marine Evacuation System (MES) with slides.
- The special hydraulic operated rescue net allows saving persons from the sea with one deckman.
- The vessels’ hydraulic gangway and the cargo crane are both easy and safe to operate.
- In addition to our workshop, we have on stock considerable spare parts and complete engines and gears.