With 20 years´ experience in the offshore wind market, we have developed our 10 FOB SWATH semi-submersible vessels. SWATH: Small Waterline Area Twin Hull. Our goal is to have the best personnel and vessels, using our experience to provide reliable service. Approved by DOC, ISO 9001, 14001, 45001, Achilles, Environmental Policies, GDPR, Danish Authority and DNV.
FOB SWATH VESSELS IN CAT AND SWATH MODE (Video):
The 2 lower hulls are narrow and sharp and cuts through the waves. The pitching, rolling, and slamming are reduced due to the vessels design with ample distance from seawater to water deck. In rough sea and in semi submerged mode the vessels movements are significant reduced, air intake to the propulsion units is avoided and the automatic moveable foils assist with safe and comfortable operation.
IMPROVED BOW FENDER (Video):
Our vessels with a special patented bow fender with moveable clamps used on the outside of the turbines docking poles, keeps the vessels secured in the correct position and allows service personnel to use the “landings” in up to 2 m Hs.
- Fob Swath (“FS”) vessels have the following speed: FS 1 = 18 knots, FS 2, 3, 4, 5, 6 & 7 = 22 knots, FS 8 = 27 knots, FS 9 & 10 = 35 knots and if one propulsion unit should fail, the 3 latter vessels continue with 25 knots.
- Sailing the same distance, the fuel consumption for the 32.5 m at 30 knots are the same as the 25 m at 22 knots. Our vessels can be powered with HVO(B100) or GTL fuels, reducing the Co2 emissions up to 90 %.
- The waterjets avoid vibration while vessel push against the turbines and reduce damages from floating objects.
- To obtain safe and soft “landings” against the wind turbines, our vessels maneuver from 1/3 forward to 1/3 aft within one second and the extra side forces from the waterjets, provides safety and additional utilization days.
- Acceleration in accordance with the High-Speed Code 2000, with vertical acceleration under 1 G, lowest sea sickness index at 0.75 to 1.25, comfortable and safe seating, and sound level below 60 decibels.
- Our four vessels with a length of 32.5 m have Dynamic Positioning (DP).
- Extra bunker capacity and improved performance allows our vessels to stay offshore for longer periods.
- Free deck space up to 75 m².
- Some of our vessels can carry up to 55 Industrial Persons (IP). Alternative, we can provide accommodation vessels for a total of 24 IP with single cabins for 12 IP with WC., shower etc., plus 12 IP for day sailing.
- From Cat mode to semi-submersed mode and vice versa, takes about 3 minutes.
- If one of our vessels need service, one of our available vessels can take its place.
- Marine Evacuation System (MES) with slides.
- The hydraulic operated rescue net ensures man overboard rescue, with one deckman.
- FS 8, 9 and 10 have hydraulic operated gangway and all our vessels have cargo crane.
- In addition to our workshop, we have considerable spare parts and complete engines and gears in stock.